Aloo chole curry or aloo chana masala is a punjabi dish made with potatoes and white chickpeas. this aloo chole recipe is usually had for breakfast and is served with hot pooris.
the combo of aloo chole masala with pooris and mango pickle is simply delicious and thats how they are served in punjab. although, at few places the aloo chole masala is served with pooris made in pure ghee. so that makes this a delicious combo and a very heavy breakfast meal for the start of the day. but i fry the pooris in oil and not ghee. chana at least thrice a week as it is rich in protein and is good for growing kids.
Ingredients for Aloo Chole
- Potatoes – 4 medium size (boiled)
- Kabuli chana – 200 gms (soak overnight and boil)
- Onions – 3 chopped
- Tomatoes – 3 chopped
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Fennel/Sombu – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 sticks
- Cloves – 3 pieces
- Bay leaves – 1 big size
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- MTR Chole masala powder – 1 tsp
Making Aloo Cholo
- Boil the potatoes and Kabuli chana separetely.
- Once it is cool remove the skin of the potatoes and dice into cubes.
- Slice onions and tomato into long thin pieces.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry onions and tomatoes.
- Now add above seasoning one by one.
- Add the cubes potatoes and chana to the seasoning and boil.
- It goes with Chapathi.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!