Cauliflower Chappathis taste good and it is very delicious. It is very famous in North India. Low carb dieters can use cauliflower as a reasonable substitute for potatoes. For your information, cauliflower is used to produce a potato substitute known as fauxtato. Cauliflower is low in fat, high in dietary fiber, folate, water and vitamin C, possessing a very high nutritional density. So old and Young can eat thishealthy chapathi. Also little children, if they refuse to eat vegetables, you can give them this healthy Chapthi.
Ingredients for dough:
- Wheat flour – 2cups
- Water – 1 ½ cup (enough to mix the dough)
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – 2 to 3Tlbs.
Yield: 12 – 14 Pieces
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- Cauliflower – one small sized ( 300gms) finely Chopped
- Cumin Seeds – 1tsp
- Oil – 2tsps
- Chilly Powder – 1tsps
- Coriander Powder – 1tsps
- Gram masala Powder – 1tsps
- Salt – 1 taps
- Haldi ( turmeric powder) – ½tsp
In the following, first 4 steps is for stuffing and the rest for making dough and Chapathi.
- Heat the pan; add oil to it when the oil heat up adds cumin seeds when it stops the pops.
- Add Chopped Cauliflower, Chilly powder, Coriander powder, Gram malasa powder, Turmeric powder, and salt.
- Fry all the ingredients well till the raw smell of the powders goes off. (15 minutes)
- Allow the stuffing to cool.
- Now mix the flour to the above Cauliflower stuffing. The vegetable stuffing has water in it (as all vegetable has water in them), so mix flour and stuffing together without adding water. If you feel the water is not enough to make perfect dough, then add some water carefully.
Try not to add too much of water, if you add too much of water the flour will be sticky. The dough must not stick to the bowl. Now add oil and mix well.
Note: Before mixing the stuffing with the flour, taste the stuffing for the right taste. If you feel some ingredients are not enough, then you can add them now.
Making of Chappathi:
- Make round balls and roll out into thin chappathis using little wheat flour for dusting.
- Heat the Tawa and put the cauliflower chappathi on the top of that.
- When it puffs up turn over the other side and cook till brown specks are formed both sides.
- Add Oil or Ghee to chappathi on top.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!