Cauliflower kurma is very simple to prepare and goes well with chapati,parathas, and other rice dishes like peas pulao, jeera pulao,vegetable pulao, vegetable rice etc. Kurma’ is mild and creamy curry dish. Generally, kurma can be made using all vegetables. It can be made thru yoghurt, coconut or coconut milk. The flavour is based on a mixture of spices, including ground coriander and cumin. A very flavorful and aromatic preparation. Here we look at the preparation of Cauliflower Kurma. Cauliflower as a vegetable is low in fat, high in dietary fiber, folate, water and vitamin C, possessing a very high nutritional density. It is good for both young children and adults.
Ingredients for Kurma
- Cauliflower – 1 big size
- Peas – 100gms ( for dry peas you have to soak overnight)
- Onion – 1 big size
- Tomato – 3 medium siz
- Salt – 1tsp
- Seperate cauliflower into big flowerettes and soak in salted water for 10 minutes.
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Oil – 3Tbl.sp
- Fennel/Sombu – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 sticks
- Cloves – 3 pieces
- Bay leaves – 1 big size
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Chilly powder – 1tsp as per taste
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kurma powder – 1tsp
Ingredients for Grinding:
- Poppy Seeds – 3 Tbl.sp
- Chewnuts – 10 -15
- Ginger&Garlic paste – 1tsp
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Coconut – 4Tbl sp (optional)
Soak poppy seeds and chewnuts in hot water for 10 – 15 minutes and grind with above ingredients to fine paste.
- Half cook the Cauliflower soaked, Peas and salt in hot water with 3 glass of water.
- Add oil to the frying pan
- when the oil is hot add Fennel seeds, Cinnamon, Cloves and Bay leaves
- Now add the onoins slice, tomato and fry well
- Add Turmeric powder, Chilly powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala powder, kurma powder.
- Add the ground paste and fry till raw smell goes off. Add the boiled cauliflower and peas. Cook on the medium heat until cauliflower and peas turns soft and the gravy thickness if you need some more you can salt to the gravy.
- Serve Hot with Chapathi, Naan and Paratha.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!