Chinese Fried Rice
If you enjoy Chinese food it’s almost a sure thing you have at least heard of Chinese fried rice. Fried rice is very popular in many parts of the world and can be found at nearly any Chinese restaurant . Ingredients used in fried rice are very varied. They include vegetables such as carrots, bean sprouts, celery, peas, and others.
Soy sauce gives fried rice its brown color and salty taste. Often, onions and garlic add complexity and extra flavor. It is popularly eaten either as an accompaniment to another dish or, alternatively on its own as a course by itself. Popular garnishes include fried shallots, sprigs of parsley, carrots carved into intricate shapes or sliced chilli sprinkled on top of the heaped rice
- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Beans – 10 -12
- Carrots – 1 or 2
- Cauliflower – 1/2 small size
- Cabbage – 150 gms
- Capsicum – 1
- Peas – 1/2 cup
- Spring Onion – 1 bunch
- Aji-no-moto 1/2tsp
- Broken pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 2 to 3 tsp
- Salt -1tsp
- Long variety green chilly – 4 ( cut into thin round pieces)
- Plain vinegar – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1tsp
- Soya Sauce – 1 Tblsp
Mix everything two or three hours before serving. If you get Vineger Chilly from supermarket you can buy.
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water completely. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 2 minutes. (Till the moisture is absorbed)
- Now cut the Onions lengthwise and slit green chilly into halves keep a side.
- Heat the oil in frying pan add fennel, bay leaves, cloves,cinnamon and ginger and garlic paste and fry.
- Add the Potatoes and peas add masala powders, salt, fried rice,water and mix well and cook.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!