Vegetarian Cooking uses various parts of Coconut in the kitchen. The white, fleshy part of the seed is edible and used fresh or dried in Vegetarian cooking. Many dishes are made primarily using Coconut like Chutney,Araichu Vetta Sambhar and various side dishes. Coconut Dosa is rich in nutrition. But be advised, as Coconutcontains saturated fat, its intake should be limited and controlled for high cholesterol people. But they can drink young tender coconut water.
- Par boiled rice – 1cup
- Grated fresh coconut – 1
Preparation of the batter:
- Soak rice for 2 hrs
- Grind along with the coconut till smooth paste
- Add salt
Yield: 8 dosas
Method to prepare dosa:
- Place a tawa ( round with flat surface just like Omalate pan) on fire.
- When tawa is hot, reduces the flame and pours a ladle full of coconut dosa batter in a circular motion and spread.
- Add a teaspoon of oil around and wait till golden color
- Turn over and fry for another minute
- Serve hot with onion chutney or Sambhar.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights.!!!