Dum aloo or aloo dum is a very popular dish prepared with baby potatoes.There are many ways of preparing dum aloo. Among the many versions of Aloo Dum, today’s recipe is a favorite in our home. Cute round baby potatoes are slowly simmered in a yogurt based gravy this is subtly rich in flavor and spice but least bit heavy. Makes for a lip smacking side with rotis or flavored rice.
Ingredients for Dum Aloo:
- Baby Potatoes – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 1 cup
- Onion -1 large
- Tamato puree – 4tbsp
- Curd – 100ml
- Garam masala powder- 1tbsp
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon Stick 1 piece.
Ingredients to make paste
- Onion – 1
- Garlic flakes – 10
- Ginger – 1tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1tbsp
- Coriander seeds- 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1tbsp
- Dry chilly – 2
Making Dum Aaloo:
- Scrape the potatoes prick all over with a fork and soak in the water with little salt for 2hrs.
- Dry the potaotes on a clean cloth and heat the oil for frying.
- Deep fry the potatoes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Now fry onion with all the spices until golden.
- Cool it and grind to smooth paste.
- Now heat the oil add cloves, Cinnamon Stick,onion and ground paste.
- Fry them for 10minutes. Stir in the tomato puree, curd and salt.
- Add potatoes and hot water and stri over a low flame for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dum aaloo with pepper and gram masala powder and cook for rew minutes.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!