Ghee Rice is a South Indian recipe which is made during festivals and other occations in south India. This recipe is easy to make and childrens really love it.. This dish is better served with kurma.
Basmati is a variety of long grain rice, famous for its fragrance and delicate flavour. Pakistan and India are the largest cultivators and exporter. The grains of basmati rice are longer than non-basmati varieties. Cooked grains of Basmati rice are characteristically free flowing rather than sticky. Cooked basmati rice can be uniquely identified by its fragrance.
- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Onions – 3 big size
- Green chilly – 2 pieces
- Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- salt – 1 tsp
- water – 1cup
- Ghee – 3 Tblsp
- Bay leaves – 1 big size
- Cloves – 2 or 3
- Cardamons – 2
- Cinnamon – 1 pieces
- Coriander – 1 1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Mint leaves – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Fried Cashewnuts -1 Tbls
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water completely. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 2 minutes. (Till the moisture is absorbed)
- Heat the ghee and fry cinnamon,cloves,bayleaves.
- Now add onions and cut chilly together with rice and salt and cook.
- Garnish with cut coriander, mint leaves and fried cahewnuts and serve hot with kurma or raitha.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!