The authentic Hyderabadi Biryani is the king of all Indian Biryani recipes that you will ever savour. Named after one of the famous Indian cities, a truly delicious Hyderabadi Biryani will draw you in with its aroma and engulf your taste buds with sheer nirvana. If you like traditional Indian rice preparations and particularly biryani dishes, then you are going to love the Hyderabadi Biryani. Basmati is a variety of long grain rice, famous for its fragrance and delicate flavour. Pakistan and India are the largest cultivators and exporters of this rice – primarily grown through paddy field farming in the Punjab region. For the childrens who does like to eat vegetables you can try like hyderabad biriyani rice, because you will cut all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Potatoes – 4-5( Medium size) peeled and cut inot small square
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Green chilly – 1 piece
- Onion – 2 (Big size) cut lengthwise
- Fennel seeds – 1tsp
- Bay Leaves – 1 piece
- Cloves – 2 pieces
- Cinnamon – few
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1/2tsp
- Gram Masala powder – 1tsp
- Coconut milk – 1 glass
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 1tsp (as per taste)
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water completely. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 2 minutes. (Till the moisture is absorbed)
- Grind one onion, cloves, cinnamon and ginger and garlic paste and green chilly
- Now cut the Onions lengthwise.
- Heat the oil in frying pan add fennel, bay leaves and ground paste and fry till oil and paste seperates. Now add vegetables, salt, fried rice,water and coconut milk. Mix well and cook.
- Serve hot with Raitha.