Aloo Jeera is easy yet a delicious side dish. This can compliment any meal. A whole cumin seeds have a slightly nutty flavor. Simple yet delicious aloo jeera fry is one of the best quick Indian dinner recipes that can be made in minutes and paired up well with almost It goes well with roti and rice This easy vegan recipe of jeera aloo uses routine Indian curry spices. However, what sets it apart from other aloo curry recipes is its dry yet delicately spicy taste and finely balanced mixture of spices that bring out unique aroma of pan fried jeera (zeera, cumin) seeds.
Ingredients for Jeera Aloo
- Potato – 4 large ones
- Oil – 4 Tblsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Corinder leaves
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Oil – 3Tbl.sp
- Whole cumin seeds -1tsp
- Turmeric powder
Making Jeera Aaloo:
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes in 3/4 dice or wedges, or leave skin.
- Bring potatoes to a boil in water and salt. Cover and let boil for 5-8 minutes until just cooked.
- Drain and let steam off moisture until they have a sort of dry outer skin, 10-15 minutes, or let cool completely. Make sure they are dry before frying.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add cumin seeds and fry 30-60 seconds until they turn a shade darker and give off smell.
- Add potatoes and sprinkle with turmeric. Shake pan and fry potatoes about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until evenly golden and crisp. The trick is not to stir too frequently, so that a crust can develop.
- Sprinkle with coriander or parsley and taste with salt. Shake pan to mix and serve. You can drain potatoes on paper towels first, before adding the fresh herbs if you like.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!