Jeera rice is one of the most popular rice dish in restaurants. many people prefer to have jeera rice instead of plain basmati rice to go along with dals or curry dishes punjabi dum aloo, methi mushroom, mah ki dal, punjabi kadhi pakora, panchmel dal and gujarati kadhi. The tempering with cumin and fragrant whole spices, takes the simple rice dish a level notch up. Jeera rice with plain curds and pickle or just topped with some ghee is my personal favourite
- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Green chilly – 2 pieces
- salt – 1 tsp
- water – 1cup
- Oil – 3 Tblsp
- Cumin Seeds – 2tps
- Green chilly – 1-2 chopped
- Coriander – 1 1/2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Fried Cashewnuts -1 Tbls
- Ghee – 2 Tblsp
- Soak the rice for 30min. Heat the pressure pan add oil .
- When the oil hot add cumin seeds and chopped green chilly till the cumin seeds are light brown.
- Now add the soaked rice and salt , mix well and pressure cook one whistle is enough, reduce the flame and keep for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame and leave the pan covered for a further 5 minute.
- Heat the ghee in the frying pan add the cashewnut and fry them to light brown and add to the rice. Sprinkle Chopped coriander leaves on the rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with kurma.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!