- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Rice flakes – ¼ cup
- Black gram – 1Tbl.sp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Red gram dhal – 1Tbl.sp ( Thuar )
- Fine rawa – 1 ½ Tbl.sp
- Salt – 1tsp
Preparing Potato Masala:
- Boiled Peeled Potato – 5 to 6 big size
- Green Chilly – 3to 4
- Onions – 2 to 3 medium size
- Oil – 2Tbl.sp
- Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Black gram – 1tsp
- Bengal gram – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – 1tsp
Heat the pan add oil, when the oil is hot add one by one first add Mustard seeds when it stops pop now add Bengal gram , Black gram, Curry Leaves . Now add the Chopped onions and chopped chilly with salt and fry them till the onions are transparent now add peeled mashed potato and mix well. The masala should be little watery so that you can spread evenly over the dosa.
Yield: 12 dosa
Processing steps in Sequence:
- Soak rice, fenugreek dhal together 3hrs.
- Soak rice flakes separately for half an hour.
- Grind every thing together to smooth and thicken paste.
- Mix salt and mix/stir well.
- Grind the batter previous day and keep for fermented for at least 15 to 20 hrs.
- Next day one hour before pouring dosa mix rawa .
- Next day morning mix well and dilute the dosa batterif necessary of water.
- Heat the Tawa ( round with flat surface just like Omalate pan)
- Pour a laddlefull of dough in the centre and spread in a circular motion towards the outer edge. Spread the batter as thin as possible.
- Add one tsp of oil around. Fry on one side with enough oil till crisp.
- Keep a table spoon of potato masala inside and dot with little butter.
- The crispy Masala Dosa is ready to eat.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights.!!!