Plain puris are very tasty and it is very delicious. It is made of dough from atta flour (wheat grain) with salt. Most of the kids like to have puris. Masala Poori is a variation of pooris basically these are unleavened spiced fried whole wheat bread. spices are used in the dough which gives the poori a unique taste and flavor. there are also other variations of poori like the stuffed poori where potato or peas filling is stuffed inside the poori and then deep fried.
Ingredients for dough:
- Wheat flour – 2cups
- Water – 1 ½ cup (enough to mix the dough)
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – enough oil to fry.
- Sour curd – 2 Tblsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – chopped
Method to make dough:
- Seive flour with salt, curd,cumin seeds, chilly powder,turmeric powder coriander leaves together in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle water gradually and knead to smooth dough.
- Knead the dough for serveral times
- Keep closed for 5 minutes
Yield: 14 -18 Puris
Making of Puris:
- Make round balls and roll out into thin chappathis using little wheat flour for dusting.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry one by one all the puris till golden color.
- Remove the puris and drain it on kitchen tissue for excess oil.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!