Mint pulao is an easy to make instant rice dish to serve with onion raita in lunch or dinner. Flavorful green paste of fresh mint leaves, ginger and garlic is sautéed with onion and then mixed with cooked rice to prepare pudina rice. It is a best option to give it in kid’s lunch box or serve as a light food in dinner. Mint also called as pudina in various Indian languages is often used to flavor chutney, Indian curries and biryani. It can be packed for the lunch box too with nuts or veggies added or with a simple vegetable stir fry. It is always a winner when I want to prepare a special meal during the weekends or on lazy days. It is super easy to make, much easier than any biryani or any other rice item.
- Basmathi Rice – 1 cup
- Onions – 2 medium size
- Mint leaves – 1 small bunch
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Green chilly – 3 -4 pieces ( as per their taste)
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 3 to 4 pieces
- Potato – 2 diced
- Ghee or Oil – 3tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1cup
Grind coarse mint leaves, green chilly, ginger and garlic to fine paste.
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water completely. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 2 minutes. (Till the moisture is absorbed)
- Heat the ghee or oil fry the onion and add the grind mint gravy.
- Now add potatoes,rice and salt together mix well and cook.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!