Palak paneer is one of the most popular indian paneer recipe along with paneer butter masala and kadai paneer. Palak paneer is basically soft paneer or cottage cheese cubes cooked in a smooth spinach curry. Palak paneer goes well with rotis naan and parathas.rotis. This restaurant style spicy Punjabi palak paneer recipe prepares yummy curry by cooking deep fried paneer cubes in healthy spinach gravy, which is sautéed with finely balanced curry spices in aromatic ghee.
Ingredients for Palak Paneer
- Palak ( Spinach) – 3 bunches
- Green chillies – 2
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2 medium size
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbl.sp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Cottage Cheese – 20 cubes
- Salt – 1tsp
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Oil – 3Tbl.sp
- Fennel/Sombu – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 sticks
- Cloves – 3 pieces
- Bay leaves – 1 big size
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream – 1Tbl.sp
- Grated cheese 1Tbl.sp (opitional)
Making Palak Paneer:
- Wash the Spinach and chop finely.
- Add green chillies,Spinach with 1/2glass of water and pressure cook.
- Allow it cool and grind into fine paste.
- Slice onions and tomato into long thin pieces.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and add above seasoning one by one.
- Now add Spinach paste to the seasoning.
- Allow itn to boil in a medium flame stirring now and then.
- When it is thick enough add chilli powder
- Boil for one more minute. Gently mix in Paneer cubes
- Remove from fire before serving add grated cheese, fresh cream and serve hot.
- It goes with Chapathi, Nan and etc.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!