Palak/Spinach Green paneer tastes good and is healthy. Made from spinach, this dish looks green. Spinach is known as a rich source of iron. According to the USDA, a 180 gram serving of boiled spinach contains 6.43 mg of iron. spinach does contain a relatively high level of iron, compared to other vegetable and meat sources. Those adult who are animic can take this chapathi and sure improve their conditions.
Ingredients for Palak Paneer
- Palak ( Spinach) – 3 bunches
- Green chillies – 2
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 2 medium size
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbl.sp
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Cottage Cheese – 20 cubes
- Salt – 1tsp
Ingredients for Seasoning:
- Oil – 3Tbl.sp
- Fennel/Sombu – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 sticks
- Cloves – 3 pieces
- Bay leaves – 1 big size
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh cream – 1Tbl.sp
- Grated cheese 1Tbl.sp (opitional)
Making Palak Paneer:
- Wash the Spinach and chop finely.
- Add green chillies,Spinach with 1/2glass of water and pressure cook.
- Allow it cool and grind into fine paste.
- Slice onions and tomato into long thin pieces.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and add above seasoning one by one.
- Now add Spinach paste to the seasoning.
- Allow itn to boil in a medium flame stirring now and then.
- When it is thick enough add chilli powder
- Boil for one more minute. Gently mix in Paneer cubes
- Remove from fire before serving add grated cheese, fresh cream and serve hot.
- It goes with Chapathi, Nan and etc.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!