Plain puris are very tasty and it is very delicious. It is made of dough from atta flour (wheat grain) with salt. Most of the kids like to have puris. Puri dough should be made little harder than chapathi dough. This prevents purifrom retaining more oil when it is deep fried. Also once dough is prepared, make thepuris immediately.
Ingredients for dough:
- Wheat flour – 2cups
- Water – 1 ½ cup (enough to mix the dough)
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – enough oil to fry.
- Sour curd – 2 Tblsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – chopped
Method to make dough:
- Seive flour with salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle water gradually and knead to smooth dough.
- Knead the dough for serveral times
- Keep closed for 5 minutes
Yield: 14 -18 Puris
Making of Puris:
- Make round balls and roll out into thin chappathis using little wheat flour for dusting.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry one by one all the puris till golden color.
- Remove the puris and drain it on kitchen tissue for excess oil.
Note: Knead the dough well for several times. Roll out evenly and little thicker than normal puris.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!