Potato bhatura are very tasty and it is very delicious. It is made of dough from Plain(maida) or Self-raising flour with salt Bhaturas can be severed with channa. but there is a difference in this recipe of bhatura. its made with mashed aloos/potatoes. once when talking aboutbhatura recipe with one of my freind. She told me, she makes bhaturas with mashed aloos/potatoes.
Ingredients for dough:
- Maida (Plain flour) – 2cups
- Water – 1 ½ cup (enough to mix the dough)
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – enough oil to fry.
- Boiled Potatoes – 1 1/2 cup
Method to make dough:
- Boil the potatoes and peel the skin and mash it till smooth without any lumps.
- Seive flour with salt, oil together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the mash potatoes to the flour.
- Knead to smooth dough. Do not add water to knead the dough.
Yield: 8 bhaturas:
Making of Bhaturas:
- Roll out immediately little thicker the normal puris
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden color on the both sides.
- Remove the bhatura and drain it on kitchen tissue for excess oil.
- Serve hot with Channa.
Note: If the dough is kept for a longer time after mixing it becomes saggy. Use up all the dough immediately after kneading.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!