Potato chapathis are very tasty and it is very delicious. Potatoes are best known for their carbohydrate content (approximately 26 grams in a medium potato). This carb contains starch. Some amount of this starch is resistant to digestion by enzymes in the stomach and small intestine, and so reaches the large intestine essentially intact. This resistant starch is considered to have similar physiological effects and health benefits as fiber: This fibre offers protection against colon cancer, improves glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity, lowers plasma cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations, increases satiety, and possibly even reduces fat storage.
Ingredients for Chapathi:
- Wheat flour – 2cups
- Water – 1 ½ cup (enough to mix the dough)
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – 2 to 3Tlbs.
Yield: 12 – 14 Pieces
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- Boiled Medium Size Potatoes – 3 to 4
- Cumin Seeds – 1tsp
- Oil – 2tsps
- Chilly Powder – 1tsps
- Coriander Powder – 1tsps
- Gram masala Powder – 1tsps
- Salt – 1 taps
- Haldi ( turmeric powder) – ½tsp
- Heat the pan; add oil to it when the oil heat up adds cumin seeds when it stops the pops.
- Add mashed potatoes , Chilly powder, Coriander powder, Gram malasa powder, Turmeric powder, and salt.
- Fry all the ingredients well till the raw smell of the powders goes off. (15 minutes)
- Now add to the cooked potatoes to the flour.
- Allow it to cool
- Potatoes are sticky so mix well. If you need to add water to make dough.
(Before making chappathi you can try eating little for the taste to check everything is enough. And if you feel any of these ingredients is not enough you can add before adding t the flour.
Try not to add too much of water, if you add too much of water the flour will be sticky. The dough must not stick to the bowl. Now add oil and mix well.)
Making of Chappathi:
- Make round balls and roll out into thin chappathis using little wheat flour for dusting.
- Heat the Tawa and put the cauliflower chappathi on the top of that.
- When it puffs up turn over the other side and cook till brown specks are formed both sides.
- Add Oil or Ghee to chappathi on top.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!