Potato pulao recipe with minimum ingredients and steps, sharing an easy way to make potato pulao with very few ingredients, this is an easy potato pulao recipe that gets ready in just 20 minutes, if you have cooked rice ready. Potato pulao can be served with a big bowl of raita and some pickle too. I would avoid serving this with chips/papad as it may get bit heavy. Here is how to make potato pulao recipe.
- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Potatoes – 4-5( Medium size) peeled and cut inot small square
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Green chilly – 1 piece
- Onion – 2 (Big size) cut lengthwise
- Fennel seeds – 1tsp
- Bay Leaves – 1 piece
- Cloves – 2 pieces
- Cinnamon – few
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1/2tsp
- Gram Masala powder – 1tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 1tsp (as per taste)
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water completely. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 2 minutes. (Till the moisture is absorbed)
- Now cut the Onions lengthwise and slit green chilly into halves keep a side.
- Heat the oil in frying pan add fennel, bay leaves, cloves,cinnamon and ginger and garlic paste and fry.
- Add the Potatoes and peas add masala powders, salt, fried rice,water and mix well and cook.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!