Today, I am sharing an easy to make lunch recipe tomato pulav. It is very easy to make and tasty one pot meal which can be easily prepared within half an hour. Though, tomato pulav is an easy to make dish, one thing to be taken care of is to use less water. This is because we are using tomato paste which itself contains some water and depending on that you have to use less water to get it properly. This is a best lunch box recipe for kids and I am sure they would definitely love it as it is less spicy. This can be paired with simple raita or vadam. This version is a bit spicy version. So people who does not eat spicy food, can reduce the amount for green chillies or chilli powder.
- Red Tomatoes – 4 Chopped
- Onion – 2 Cut lengthwise
- Green Chilly – 1
- Fennel seeds – 1tsp
- Bay Leaves – 1 piece
- Cloves – 2 pieces
- Cinnamon – few
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1/2tsp
- Gram Masala powder – 1tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 2Tbls
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – 1tsp (as per taste)
Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water completely. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 2 minutes. (Till the moisture is absorbed)
- Wash the Tomatoes and cut into medium size and keep a side.
- Now cut the Onions lengthwise and slit green chilly into halves keep a side.
- Heat the oil in frying pan add fennel, bay leaves, cloves,cinnamon and ginger and garlic paste and fry.
- Now add onions, green chilly, potatoes,rice and salt. Mix well and cook.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!