Vegetable Biryani is a mughlai recipe and is prepared by a lot of pressure (dum). Green vegetables, basmati rice, desi ghee, curd and endless spices are brought in use which gives it a unique flavor that is liked by all.
There is also the Lucknowi Biryani, Mughlai Biryani,kashmiri biryani – no onion no garlic veg biryani, Kerala Biryani. They all have their own tastes and flavor. This Vegetable Biryani recipe is light, mild and delicious.
- Basmathi Rice – 1Cup
- Beans – 1/2 cup ( chop into small pieces)
- Carrot – 1/2 cup ( chop into small pieces)
- Cauliflower 1/4 cup ( chop into small flowerettes)
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Onions – 2 big size.
- Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 2tblsp
- Salt – 1tsb
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Biriyani powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
Items to Grind Together:
- Onion – 1 small
- Ginger and Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 pieces
- Cloves – 2 pieces
- Cinnamon – 1 pieces
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water completely. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 2 minutes. (Till the moisture is absorbed)
- Heat the ghee or oil add onions and fry now add the grind items to the onions and fry till all the raw smell goes off.
- Add the mixed vegetables and add masala powders, salt, fried rice,water and coconut milk together mix well and cook.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!