This vegetable chapathi is made of dough from atta flour (wheat grain)and mixed vegetables. More vegetable means more fiber, more protein and a nutritious healthy meal. Most suitable for Growing Children and Old People. Now a days children does not like to have vegetables this is the better option for kids to vegetables. It can be served with rice for Lunch as well as for Dinner. They are low in Calories.
- Wheat flour – 2cups
- Water – 1 ½ cup (enough to mix the dough)
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – 2 to 3TlbsYield: 12 – 14 Pieces
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- Beans – 10 – 15 pieces
- Cauliflower – 5 -6 flowerate
- Peas – 1 cup
- Cabbage – 1 cup
- Carrot – 2 -3 pieces
- Chilly powder – 1tsp
- Salt – as per required
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Method to prepare the Vegetable:
- Wash all the vegetables and cut into small pieces and presssure cook all the vegetables.
- Take out the vegetables once the pressure is realised. Mash all the vegetables
- Heat the oil in the frying pan cumin seeds, tumeric powder, chilly powder. Immediately add the mashed vegetables, salt and mix till the moisture is completely absorbed.
Method to make dough:
- Now add the vegetable gravy to atta flour and mix well allow it cool.
- Sprinkle water gradually and knead to smooth dough. Do not add too much of water.
- Knead the fough for serveral times
- Keep closed for 5 minutes
Making of Chappathi:
- Make round balls and roll out into thin chappathis using little wheat flour for dusting.
- Heat the Tawa and put the chappathi on the top of that.
- When it puffs up turn over the other side and cook till brown specks are formed both sides.
- Add Oil or Ghee to chappathi on top (if necessary)
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!