Vegetable pulav is quite similar to biryani. This dish is easy simple but loads of veggies and spices goes in making. Also this is the best way to include veggies in your family’s diet. At my house also I make this quite often with the intention of eating healthy veggies at one go. Vegetable Pulav taste great with raita, salad, papad, pickle or any gravy based dish. Now various kind of pulav are made but veg pulav is the most popular one. Even in hotels it’s served with papad and raita. The other famous pulao is tawa pualo recipe. The main veggies which goes in making this recipe are french beans, carrots, peas and potatoes. But you could add any veggies of your choice. Also to give the biryani touch I have added fried onion and cashews.
- Basmathi Rice – 1Cup
- Beans – 1/2 cup ( chop into small pieces)
- Carrot – 1/2 cup ( chop into small pieces)
- Cauliflower 1/4 cup ( chop into small flowerettes)
- Peas – 1/4 cup
- Green Chilly – 3-4 pieces ( as per taste)
- Onions – 2 big size ( cut into length wise)
- Ghee – 2tblsp
- Salt – 1tsb
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Biriyani powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes. Drain water completely. Heat the ghee and fry the rice for 2 minutes. (Till the moisture is absorbed)
- Heat the ghee or oil and fry the onion and cut chilly together.
- Add the mixed vegetables and add masala powders, salt, fried rice,water and coconut milk together mix well and cook.
Thanks for visiting Vegetarian Delights!